To us, a good host family is one that takes a real interest in the student and does all they can to make their brief stay in England worthwhile. Hosts and families are all different , what matters most is your willingness to reach out to the student and make them feel welcome. And while it’s nice to have the additional income that a student brings, we hope that isn’t your only reason.
Our host families ensure:
- To do all they can to make the student feel welcome and to help them make the most of their brief stay in North Devon.
- To provide a bedroom for the student’s exclusive use.
- To tell us if you have any other language students, and not to host another Spanish speaking student at the same time.
- On those occasions when the student´s command of the language is not good enough to ensure a proper communication with their hosts, IB-ex advises two students to share the company of another student so that communication can flow more easily between both students and their host family.
- To provide full board and lodging – including a packed lunch every weekday.
- To organize a weekly “ family day”
- To keep a permanent communication with the Ib-Ex organizers
- To collect your student on the day that they arrive (in Barnstaple) and to deliver your student to the coaches for the return trip.
- A warming family atmosphere conducive to communication with their students.
You can expect us to:
- To offer a high standard of service and support. We have several supervisors whose sole job is to look after the students and the Spanish organiser of iBEX comes over and stays in Bideford. You can contact someone from iBEX 24 hours a day, and we promise never to leave you to cope on your own. Since we are such a small organisation, we know many of the students and their families personally.